Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK...this is a tough problem to explain, so bear with me a sec. I have an nVidia GF4 Ti4600. It was working fine...I put a new PSU in yesterday, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Wierd video card stuff.

OK...this is a tough problem to explain, so bear with me a sec. I have an nVidia GF4 Ti4600. It was working fine...I put a new PSU in yesterday, and now it doesn't work.

When I boot, some of the text on the BIOS screen is orange and/or blue. Letters aren't colored, but rather parts of letters are colored.

Grub's splash screen diplays, but it's very distorted...when I get to console, there are blue pixels here and there and in some lines of text, there are blue vertical lines (not as a |, but sorta beside thin letters).

I took it out and put it back in, jiggled it around and got it to work for a little bit (until the kernel started booting), so I'm thinkin' it's gotta be a short. I'm going to call MSI today, as it's still "under warranty," but I have a strong feeling that they'll tell me they can't do a damn thing about it cuz I installed an aftermarket HSF.

Anyone ever see this type of problem before or have any suggestions? (Or wanna donate to the sarumont's new video card fund? )
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Mixed news: ATI AIW9600 is in the mail (yay for new card, boo for spending $$$).

The GF4 will take the honorary first spot on my newly christained "Wall of Defunkt Hardware."
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy