Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got my new monitor (can't get a link to work..?) and when I boot KNOPPIX it goes through everything then it says "Out of Range". What do I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Monitor: Out of Range

I just got my new monitor (can't get a link to work..?) and when I boot KNOPPIX it goes through everything then it says "Out of Range". What do I do? I tried the KNOPPIX live cd and it worked, also tried Ubuntu and it worked fine.

Huh, i don't get it, you say it doesn't work when you boot knoppix, then you say knoppix and ubuntu work fine? explain a bit more please, were you trying to install knoppix to the harddrive or something and it said that?

kbk
    No I already have KNOPPIX on the HDD, I tried the Ubuntu and KNOPPIX live cds to see what they would do.

Edit: It said out of range when I booted my installed KNOPPIX.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Try editing the Grub boot menu at boot (press "e" before the system boots) to use a cheat code, such as:

Code:
    vsync=60
    Look here for other cheat codes:

http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes

kbk
    Still won't work. Is there anything else I can try? Also, if this doesn't work. Does Ubuntu come with ndiswrapper?

Try setting up the XF86Config (XF86Config-4?) manually, by when the X server starts and the "Out of range" comes up press: Ctrl+Alt+Backspace or Ctrl+Alt+F2 and log in to get the CLI. From the CLI you can edit the X config file manually and then try to start/restart it. You might want to change vertical syncrate horizontal then depth and resolution.

You can ofcourse also try changing the horizontal refresh rate from grub : "hsync=80". Knoppix always messes up my refresh rate for my home compter - it sets vertical to ~2000 and horizontal to ~700.

kbk
    I'm not sure I understand how to do this from GRUB. Also, editing the Xconfig didn't work at all. Chances are I just don't really know what to put in and it messed things up. Anything else I can try, and how do I do that from GRUB, thanks for the help ya'll.