Find the answer to your Linux question:
You all know that smell...the smell of burning hardware. Shortly after my GF4 takes its place on my Wall of Defunkt Hardware, my week old 128MB USB drive will join ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

That smell...

You all know that smell...the smell of burning hardware. Shortly after my GF4 takes its place on my Wall of Defunkt Hardware, my week old 128MB USB drive will join it.

When I replaced my powersupply, I pulled the mobo tray out of my case, requiring me to disconnect my front USB ports. When I replaced everything, I *thought* I had them wired correctly, only to discover today that burning smell emanating from my USB drive that I had just plugged into one of them. Crosswired. d0h.

And I just spilled coffee on my desk...nice. Didn't hit anything vital, so it's all good. Classic Monday morning, eh?
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

:banghead: :banghead:
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

that sucks but it is a normal monday i would say
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    i once killed a floppy drive by putting the controller cable in upside down.. only to find out later that floppy controllers have one pin blocked out on the cable.. so that one place on the cable that had no hole for a pin pushed in one of the pins on the drive and completely fubar'ed it... anybody want a paperweight?
    Their code will be beautiful, even if their desks are buried in 3 feet of crap. - esr