Find the answer to your Linux question:
For christmas I recieved a Freecom "classic" external hard drive & an LG 16x external DVD re-writer. The hard drive Im assuming will work with any distro that supports USB ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Christmas gift wories

For christmas I recieved a Freecom "classic" external hard drive & an LG 16x external DVD re-writer. The hard drive Im assuming will work with any distro that supports USB mass storage. But the DVD re-writer I am slightly worried about as the instructions claim that it will only work with the evil OS Windows XP. Does anyone know of software that will support it because making my own drivers would just be a pain in the arse

If the DVD writer plugs in through a USB port, then it'll probably work. Give it a try. If it connects some other way (such as on a parallel port) then perhaps googling around for a driver would be a good idea?
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

i have a sony DRU-710A dvd burner. It says that it will only work with win 2000 or xp. I have got it working with every distro i have ever used. 2.4 or 2.6 kernel it doesnt matter.

oh, and i think i have seen a dvd burner like yours before and i have seen it working under suse.

it'll work, its not like a winmodem.

weed
    "Time has more than one meaning, and is more than one dimension" - /.unknown
    --Registered Linux user #396583--