Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Hey Chris H... that link you posted worked out awesome... I still have to implement alot of things from it... but at least I was able to access the MircoVault ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hey Chris H... that link you posted worked out awesome... I still have to implement alot of things from it... but at least I was able to access the MircoVault thingie and install the ATI Radeon 9800 PRO AIW driver I had on it. I didn't check to see if I could write to it... and also its still a manual process of mounting and unmouting... gotta read that Thread to get it to mount auto... rock on dude :rock: thanks a bunch

Linux Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by birdofprey
    Hey Chris H... that link you posted worked out awesome... I still have to implement alot of things from it... but at least I was able to access the MircoVault thingie and install the ATI Radeon 9800 PRO AIW driver I had on it. I didn't check to see if I could write to it... and also its still a manual process of mounting and unmouting... gotta read that Thread to get it to mount auto... rock on dude :rock: thanks a bunch
    Glad to hear it Hope you get further than I did though. I couldn't get to write to it as user, no problem as root though. BTW RH should pick it up if you have the microvault connected at boot up.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

You never got it to let users write to it, Chris? I had mine working with an fstab entry I found in a thread here about it (before I burned the drive up).
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
    ~Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Linux Engineer
    Nope, 2 seperate installs of RH9 but it would never give me permissions to write to it

Still, all the other distros since work fine.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

Just Joined!

MicroVault

I hope I am posting a reply, I'm new to this forum and not quite sure if this is a reply or a new post,I find thi site a trifle confusing

Anyway, my Micro Vault refused to work under Red Hat Fedora 3. But after I upgraded to Fedora 4 ir works fine, read write, tranfer info betwen desk top and lap top (both Fedora 4) and a windows machine. Just plug in to a USB port and it is auto mounted and good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInMaine
    I hope I am posting a reply, I'm new to this forum and not quite sure if this is a reply or a new post,I find thi site a trifle confusing

Anyway, my Micro Vault refused to work under Red Hat Fedora 3. But after I upgraded to Fedora 4 ir works fine, read write, tranfer info betwen desk top and lap top (both Fedora 4) and a windows machine. Just plug in to a USB port and it is auto mounted and good to go.
    You do realise that this thread was started back in 2003, right?
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Actually I didn't. Do these threds ever get purged?

But in my defense my problems with Sony Micro Vaultr only went away a few weeks ago. I was able to ressurect it from a desk drawer after upgrading to Fedora 4. So I have to assume that there are other people who would be helped by knowing this.

Well, I SAID it was a defense :o

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeInMaine
    Actually I didn't. Do these threds ever get purged?
    Generally not unless someone says something naughty and it gets so out of hand the mods can't fix it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2