Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I've got Acer 3003WLMi laptop with AMD Mobile Sempron processor which has cpu scaling feature. I've setup cpuspeed to work with powernow-k8 module and in cpuspeed.conf I've kept the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Unhappy cpuspeed and AMD Mobile Sempron

Hi, I've got Acer 3003WLMi laptop with AMD Mobile Sempron processor which has cpu scaling feature. I've setup cpuspeed to work with powernow-k8 module and in cpuspeed.conf I've kept the default options. The scaling works but everytime the frequency changes there's a small catch which stops the whole system just for a second. It's very annoning fe. when I listen some music and it stops every now and then.

This is Fedora Core 4 but with vanilla 2.6.14.2 kernel (compiled with a patch for battery support)

Anyone experiencing same problem?

Just Joined!
    Glad to hear you got it working. I've got the same processor, I am running the 2.6.14-1.1656 kernel at the moment and I can't get cpuspeed working. When I start the cpuspeed service I get
    FATAL: Error inserting powernow_k8 (/lib/modules/2.6.14-1.1656_FC4/kernel/arch/i386/kernel/cpu/cpufreq/powernow-k8.ko): No such device
    Have you got any advice on that?

I didn't have to load the module by hand. I've just uncommented all lines in cpuspeed.conf a changed the module to powernow-k8. After reboot it worked ..