Find the answer to your Linux question:
Are there any scanners which are officially supported on Linux by the manufacturers? (ie. they provide drivers and such). My current one is supposed to work via SANE but doesn't ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Scanners

Are there any scanners which are officially supported on Linux by the manufacturers? (ie. they provide drivers and such). My current one is supposed to work via SANE but doesn't (then again it's b0rked in XP too so who knows).
    Registered Linux User #379728

SuSE 10.3 :: Athlon XP 3000+ :: AsRock K7VT4A Pro :: Nvidia Geforce 6600GT :: C-Media 8738

www.psypherpunk.org.uk

HP multifunctions are now supported by the official hpoj driver provided by HP. I just got a HP officejet 6210 (i think that's the number) and everything works. Print, copy, scan, and fax. Was pretty easy to setup with sanebackend, hpoj driver, and a scanner frontend like xsane.

http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/doc.shtml
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

I can tell you one that doesn't work. The Canon CanoScan LiDE 60 USB flatbed scanner. It's supposedly *experimentally* working with SANE, but I haven't had any luck with it personally.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close