Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone had any experience with the memory stick that comes with the W800i cell phone? I am able to mount it using vfat and usb-storage. However, I am getting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Sony Ericsson W800i memory stick

Has anyone had any experience with the memory stick that comes with the W800i cell phone?
    I am able to mount it using vfat and usb-storage. However, I am getting *a lot* of I/O errors and corrupt files when trying to write any large sized files to it, like MP3s.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by k_amlie
    Has anyone had any experience with the memory stick that comes with the W800i cell phone?
    I am able to mount it using vfat and usb-storage. However, I am getting *a lot* of I/O errors and corrupt files when trying to write any large sized files to it, like MP3s.
    as far as im concerned this is not a linux problem, i am nearly 100% sure that this is a usb bug with the R1N035 w800i firmware. To check your firmware press >*<<*<* (>=joystick right <+joystick left and * = *). Then go into service info then software info if the first thing on the page says R1N035 or something that isnt R1AA008 then that will be the problem. To fix this go to http://www.sonyericsson.com/spg.jsp?...0245&fid=21839
    You can use the sony ericsson update service to update your firmware (i think it might only work for windows.) If you cant use windows or that doesnt work then you can take it into a sony ericsson service centre. There is a service locator on that same website. If none of those work then i have just wasted alot of my time

Just Joined!
    Thanks, I can see that I have the wrong version. I'll dig up a windows pc asap and get it fixed!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close