Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Logitech Dual Action USB gamepad, which has two analog sticks, one D-pad, and 10 buttons. My Debian system recognizes it automatically with no problems when I plug ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Logitech Dual Action gamepad: can I switch the controllers?

I have a Logitech Dual Action USB gamepad, which has two analog sticks, one D-pad, and 10 buttons. My Debian system recognizes it automatically with no problems when I plug it in. My only complaint is that the primary X and Y axes are assigned to the left analog stick. I prefer to use the D-pad for games that call for a gampad. Does anyone know a way to reassign the primary axes?

So far I've Googled for info (Logitech's Windows drivers can do the swap in software, but that doesn't help Linux), searched this site, and searched my hard drive for joystick definition or config files (anything containing the words Logitech or Dual Action).
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!

Same Problem

I'm having the exact same problem. Not to mention it's difficult figuring out the button mapping scheme.

To top it all off, the left joystick is constantly sending the "down arrow" signal which is really annoying if your trying to play tetris :P

Is that a faulty controller or is it a calibration thing?