Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Dell AIO 922 printer, I have already gotten and installed the Lexmark drivers for it and everything but when I got to print it says "Error: client-error-not-possible" ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    kbk

Printer Help

I have a Dell AIO 922 printer, I have already gotten and installed the Lexmark drivers for it and everything but when I got to print it says "Error:

client-error-not-possible"

Anyone know why? Any help would be much appreciated.

oz
    forum.guy
    Which Lexmark drivers are your using?

Is the driver a .ppd file?

If so, try moving the file to: /usr/share/cups/model

then restart CUPS

then use your webbrowser to go to: localhost:631

Hope it works out for you...

kbk
    I installed the driver as a .deb file, which I converted from a .rpm with alien. I used this tutorial to install it: http://www.finebushpeople.net/index....=65&Itemid=98/

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure, but I don't think those are the correct drivers for that printer. I read somewhere that the Dell 922 is the same as the Lexmark x5270. However, I've also read where lots of people are having problems getting that model going under Linux.

Is the printer new enough that you could return it for one that'll work properly under Linux? If no, you'll probably have to either keep playing with different drivers hoping to find a working one, or give up the idea of using it under Linux. You could also try writing your own driver, but that might prove to be even more problematic.

Overall, Lexmark has not been very supportive of Linux to date, but hopefully that will change in the future.

kbk
    Nah it's too old to return, I am going to see if anyone I know has any oldish printers that work that they don't want. Or I'll keep playing with the drivers and stuff..Hopefully something works.