Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm looking for advice as to a (Linux Compatible) sound card and recording device (Audacity ). I currently have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum which I've had for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Recommend me Sound/Recodring Card

I'm looking for advice as to a (Linux Compatible) sound card and recording device (Audacity ).

I currently have a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum which I've had for a couple years, but the Drive no longer works, which I need.

I'd like at least 5.1 surround sound.
    I also need to make recordings (guitar, etc).

Any Suggestions?

Edit: The cheaper the better, but I'd like to make professional-quality recordings, and I'll spend up to 200 bucks.

I don't know what I'm going to do with my audigy, but It'd be great if I could get it to work: http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ssage.id=50563

Edit: Preferably NOT a Creative Labs product.

Linux Engineer
    Creative soundblaster cards although popular are not all that good and you wont get true surround sound in linux with one. check the alsa sound card matrix for a list of supported cards some of which support 7.1 etc surround sound and the lot!!

http://www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc...dor=All#matrix

Linux Newbie
    will the microphone input jack work just fine for guitar recording? obviously, with an adapter. I was hoping for a card that comes with a Drive-Bay Device like the SB Audigy 2 ZS Platinum, but if the mic input jack does just thte same thing....

also, its hard to find a card that comes with one of thoes.