Find the answer to your Linux question:
so it seems that some iriver fanatics at http://www.misticriver.net have actually gotten the iRiver T10 to work using gphoto2. It just pretends to be a camera. According to this post ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

iRiver T10 via gphoto2

so it seems that some iriver fanatics at http://www.misticriver.net have actually gotten the iRiver T10 to work using gphoto2. It just pretends to be a camera. According to this post everythis is working well.

This is good news. I was quite peeved when I bought one of these things and found they'd abandoned UMS. The bastards caved to Microshite's will.

Anyway, I've installed the latest gphoto2 and dependencies and I can actually access the thing now directly through konqueror. Great!! But, I cannot write to it. Not sure why. gphoto2 --debug spits out pages and pages of uninteligible crap.

Maybe there's some setting required to write (not a common thing to do with a camera)?

I don't really expect anyone will have any ideas but it's worth asking. Also, since this is a fairly recent development, I thought other unhappy iRiver users might be interested.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Just Joined!
    i'm not quite sure how gphoto2 accesses the device, but if it mounts it like a storage device and reads from it you might be able to mount it manualy and write to it.

gphoto2 functions as a command line interface. I don't believe it allows you to actually mount a device. Or am I wrong about that?

ps. I've noticed that you've been answering several of my recent posts. Thanks for all the help.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Just Joined!
    you can find out by executing mount with no arguments.

ps: no problem