Find the answer to your Linux question:
How do I print to a PDF file? It seems that print to file only lets me do PostScript. Is there a way to configure a printer driver to do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Print to PDF

How do I print to a PDF file? It seems that print to file only lets me do PostScript. Is there a way to configure a printer driver to do this?
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

I'm not sure about directly doing it but you can convert those ps files to pdf using ps2pdf. I'm not sure what package is involved but when I try to print in Suse 10 I get the option to print to pdf directly. I'll have a digg around and see what I can come up with. From what I have seen so far this option has been around since at least Suse 8.

Just Joined!

virtual printer

Is virtual printer (printer driver) available ? e.g., adobe printer in windows.

If you're using KDE, then Control Center->Peripherals->Printers has a Print to PDF option. It uses ps2pdf, and can be selected from KDE programs.
    Also, OpenOffice has a built-in Export to PDF feature in the File menu.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Interesting. I haven't got an options for printers under peripherals in the control center. But, it turns out that the print to PDF is already available in KDE apps. (I thought I'd seen it somewhere but was trying to print from firefox). Well that solves part of the problem (I guess I'll use konqueror to print web sites to pdf). It would still be nice to have a generic printer option to do this.

I have one configured under XP. Do you think I could access the ppd for that printer and create one in linux? I'm going to give that a try.
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?