Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Help with tv tuner card

Okay guys heres my situation. I went in my basement and found an old GENOA TV Tuner card. The name on the box is Genoa Video Motion it is really old but i figured I would try it out on Linux. So I put the card into my PCI slot on my mainboard and went into YAST to see if there was a built in driver for it of course there wasn't. Now I tried installing from the CD in Wine with no luck in that either. Am I screwed with this? Or does somebody know where I can get the drivers for it for Linux? Or how can I get this to work?
    Thanks in advance.

For future reference, Installation forum is for questions regarding installing a linux distro. Your question is more appropriate for the hardware/peripherials or even Suse forum.

Have you tried googling for the card and whether someone got it working in linux?

Also, support for tv tuners is a fairly recent development in Linux, so persoanlly I don't think you'd have much luck with getting that particular card to work.

But whatever you decide, best of luck with it.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Okay sorry, anyway YAST autp-detected the card as a Philips and that it had the drivers for it but in KDETV it dosen't see the TV card at all, only my video card and there is no source. I have tried googling it with no results I always search before i post. Thanks and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sorry I can't help more with this as I have no experience what so ever with tv cards in general. perhaps someone more familiar with this can help with this problem.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.