Find the answer to your Linux question:
Okay guys heres my situation. I went in my basement and found an old GENOA TV Tuner card. The name on the box is Genoa Video Motion it is really ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Help with tv tuner card

Okay guys heres my situation. I went in my basement and found an old GENOA TV Tuner card. The name on the box is Genoa Video Motion it is really old but i figured I would try it out on Linux. So I put the card into my PCI slot on my mainboard and went into YAST to see if there was a built in driver for it of course there wasn't. Now I tried installing from the CD in Wine with no luck in that either. Am I screwed with this? Or does somebody know where I can get the drivers for it for Linux? Or how can I get this to work?
    Thanks in advance.

For future reference, Installation forum is for questions regarding installing a linux distro. Your question is more appropriate for the hardware/peripherials or even Suse forum.

Have you tried googling for the card and whether someone got it working in linux?

Also, support for tv tuners is a fairly recent development in Linux, so persoanlly I don't think you'd have much luck with getting that particular card to work.

But whatever you decide, best of luck with it.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.

Just Joined!
    Okay sorry, anyway YAST autp-detected the card as a Philips and that it had the drivers for it but in KDETV it dosen't see the TV card at all, only my video card and there is no source. I have tried googling it with no results I always search before i post. Thanks and any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry I can't help more with this as I have no experience what so ever with tv cards in general. perhaps someone more familiar with this can help with this problem.
    Life is complex, it has a real part and an imaginary part.