Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi folks, Athlon 1.4G 2thMax 8KHA FC3 My PC failed booting Hard drive which happened only about 15 min. ago. It can boot LiveCD and LiveUSB (Linux on USB pendrive). ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Booting PC problem

Hi folks,

Athlon 1.4G
    2thMax 8KHA
    FC3

My PC failed booting Hard drive which happened only about 15 min. ago. It can boot LiveCD and LiveUSB (Linux on USB pendrive). After booting up with LiveCD the HD can be detected, mounted, etc. Files can be copied from HD.

On booting HD the PC just hung on the screen with the LED on indicating HD turning. I checked another HD running WinXP mounted on mobile rack. The result was the same.

I have been configuring the BIOS frequently lately on testing Linux on USB. Kindly advise how to check and fix this problem.

TIA

B.R.
    satimis

It could be that your BIOS is struggling to see the hard disks at bootup time, possibly caused by all the twiddling you've been doing.

You could try resetting your bios - usually two ways to do this. There should be a 'load bios defaults' option in the bios program itself which might work. If not, then there will be a jumper or contact on the mainboard which will force the bios settings to be reset to safe defaults which you could try if the first method doesn't work
    Linux user #126863 - see http://linuxcounter.net/

Linux Guru
    Hi Roxoff,

Tks for your advice.

I got my problem fixed by selecting "Optimized default" on BIOS page. Thereafter I have everything reset. I'll run the PC a while to see what will happen.

Tks again.

B.R.
    satimis