Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok, im currently looking for a new sound card (intergrated just isnt cutting it anymore) preferably something under 40$ that will run with linux perfectly......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Sound Card Recommendations

Ok, im currently looking for a new sound card (intergrated just isnt cutting it anymore) preferably something under 40$ that will run with linux perfectly...

oz
    forum.guy
    I think the SoundBlaster Live is under $40 and it should work fine. Spend just a bit more and you can get the Audigy 2 which also works well with Linux.
    oz

Linux User
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    I think the SoundBlaster Live is under $40 and it should work fine. Spend just a bit more and you can get the Audigy 2 which also works well with Linux.
    Sorta leaning against creative i can pick up a audigy 2 for like 30$ from a friend

Linux User
    Anyone have experience with the Diamond XtremeSound XS71 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz

Your best bet is probably to look at the ALSA Soundcard Matrix. Incidentally, I don't see that particular Diamond card listed in the matrix. I do know that most Creative sound cards are well supported, and it looks like a lot of Turtle Beach cards (popular among people who are sticklers for sound quality) also work.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Linux User
    I think im gona go with the audigy 2