Find the answer to your Linux question:
Results 1 to 2 of 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
  1. #1
    Banned Richard_The_Lionhearted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Here, where else?

    What do you call it?

    Hey, what do you call the black plastic thing that goes into the mainboard on both ends of a slot A processor to help hold it into the slot?

    One of them that where on my Slot A Athlon mainboard to hold in the processor broke and now I have to replace it. The only problem is that I don't know what to call what I'm looking for.

  2. #2
    Linux Engineer Zelmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Riverton, UT, USA
    Do you mean like this one on eBay? They're referred to as brackets or retention clips.

    :sniff: Reminds me of my first CPU upgrade to a Slot 1 Pentium II.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts