Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have a Lexmark X1100 series printer and I have no clue how to configure this in linux . I looked in the printer options but this series wasn't listed. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How to configure printer

I have a Lexmark X1100 series printer and I have no clue how to configure this in linux . I looked in the printer options but this series wasn't listed. I want to use it with the usb method I also has a scanner. It is a all in one .

I really don't know if your printer/scanner will work with Linux, but I can tell you the method by which you need to try to configure them. Click on this link which puts you into the CUPS configuration utility within your own machine...

http://localhost:631

Click on, "Manage printers," then "add printer" and follow the easy and intuitive directions on configuring your printer.

On the scanner side, you'll need to configure it with SANE. Read the information on their website and see if your printer can be configured. I've never been able to get the Lexmark printers I've had working properly under Linux but maybe you'll have better luck.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered:#371367 New Members: click here