Find the answer to your Linux question:
ok, hello,i have installed debian gnu/linux with gnome window manager. i do c++ programming, produce music with fruity loops 5, and burn cd's, problem is i have a windows cd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Hardware Decisions

ok, hello,i have installed debian gnu/linux with gnome window manager. i do c++ programming, produce music with fruity loops 5, and burn cd's, problem is i have a windows cd burner, i just found out with google that i can use wine to run fruity loops on my linux. i was gonna install windows xp on my other partition but since i can run fruity loops through wine on linux, but i still have a prob, i burn cd's but my cd burner requires windows 2000/xp, is there a way i can use my windows cd burner and burn cd's on linux? and since i already have linux installed, and i have 6 gigabytes left on the other partition ( was gonna use it for windows xp) , is there a way i can transfer that 6 gigs, and put it on my root filesystem, or join the two partitions together?

Banned
    Hmm i dont understand how a cd burner can be Windows only...
    As for the rest, you can make into a partition for say /home /var /usr etc, that would take the load off /*

Just Joined!
    http://www.iomega.com/direct/product...9122#learnmore

oh, so what do i do to put the rest of the 6 gigs on my root filesystem, i didn't understand what you meant

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close