Find the answer to your Linux question:
i have a prosavage ddr 32mb onboard graphics card and i cant find a freaking driver for it right now i am useing 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1) driver and i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

graphics card

i have a prosavage ddr 32mb onboard graphics card and i cant find a freaking driver for it right now i am useing 1.2 (1.5 Mesa 6.2.1) driver and i need th know whats the closest driver to my graphics card because this on is not it because it dosent have 3d acceleration or opengl rendering

Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

you should be able to use the "savage" driver provided by dri and xorg people.

for more info

Code:
    man savage
    you can also look here for a starting point
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    thanks for all your help but i am afraid that this didnt solve my problem i have been looking into getting a new graphics card could you tell me what the most widely supported grapiics card is for linux?i need one that will do opengl and 3d acceleration thanks again

nvidia is the best supported of the two major card manufacturers. (That being ATI and Nvidia). Nvidia did just release new drivers which support the new 7800-7900 series cards so any nvidia should be fine. I actually just bought a 6800XT and it works great. Techimoe has a nvidia install tutorial somewhere here on this site that will assist you.

But if you choose ati they have drivers and they work just fine, but many people have trouble with them and they aren't as feature packed as nvidia's. But I have /had a radeon 9200se and it worked just fine.
    All right, brain. You don't like me and I don't like you, but let's just do this and I can get back to killing you with beer. All New Users Read This!!! If you have a grub problem please look at GRUB MANUAL

Linux User
    I suggest a 6600GT. will play any game out right now, and costs around 115$ at the moment which is an incredible deal, if you want more, get the 7600GT which costs around 200$ (i think) that when overclocked can pass up a much more expensive 7800GT