Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just ordered Mandrake 9.2 and I'm looking forward to installing it on my system. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if there might be any problems ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Just ordered Mandrake

I just ordered Mandrake 9.2 and I'm looking forward to installing it on my system. I was just wondering if someone could tell me if there might be any problems with my sound or video cards. My video card is a NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4600 and my sound card is a Creative Labs SBLive 5.1, I'm also using the Inspire digitil 5.1 speaker system. It'd also be a great help if someone could tell me of a good modem internal modem that is supported by linux.

I'm really looking forward to installing Mandrake on my box, I just hope that all my hardware is compatible. Thanks in advance for your time and help.

You should have no problems with those cards. The GeForce 4 should work by default, but I'd still suggest installing the nvidia drivers. (http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_d..._1.0-5336.html) As for the sound card, I don't know personally, but I'm sure it's supported, it's a very well known card/brand. You might have to install drivers to get the full effect and such, so try checking the soundblaster website. Can't help you with modems though, been on broadband for too long (forgot everything about modems.)
    Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air...

Linux User

Re: Just ordered Mandrake

Quote Originally Posted by zhFire
    I'm really looking forward to installing Mandrake on my box, I just hope that all my hardware is compatible. Thanks in advance for your time and help.
    Hi
    This could be checked quite easily here

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Thanks alot Mado and Gnux. Gnux thats just what I needed.