Find the answer to your Linux question:
Wassup people!!! My printer can't print anything at all even the test page through redhat-config-printer in RH9!! The driver that I am using is supposedly the correct one, BJ200. Unfortunately, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Canon BJC 210SP printer unable to print!!

Wassup people!!!

My printer can't print anything at all even the test page through redhat-config-printer in RH9!! The driver that I am using is supposedly the correct one, BJ200. Unfortunately, all the printer does is print out weird characters. My specs are below and can anyone offer me some help??

Laptop specs:
    Dell Inspiron 500M
    RH9 kernel 2.4.22
    Canon BJC 210SP

Thanks!!

Just Joined!
    i am rather new but i can give you some advise

did you restart the lpd daemon /etc/rc.d/init.d/lpd restart
    have you configure it {via GNOME (i use GNOME)} on printer configuration system settings and configure it like add printer in windows

you can also use CUPS Service but i dont know how to configure it with it

Just Joined!
    Hey kamtono!!

Thanks for the advice but I'm not too sure about what u meant by the lpd daemon etc. etc., but anyway I tried another driver through the gnome red hat printer configuration wizard and wah laa!!!! i didn't know that there's another driver offered but it isn't the recommended driver. The recommended one is BJ200, this one is just called omni, very funny

Anyways thanks for the advice and for anyone that can't get they're Canon BJC 210SP to work try using the omni driver

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    As far as I can see, your printer uses a partly proprietary protocol that Canon hasn't been willing to share, so it only has partial support. See this page for more info:
    http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...anon-BJC-210SP

Just Joined!
    Thanks for the tip dolda,

It's always appreciated