Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been looking for a solution to solve the problem of X.org not setting monitor configurations properly (refresh rates and resolution). I have experienced it on all Linux distros ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Lightbulb Solving the erroneous refresh rates

I have been looking for a solution to solve the problem of X.org not setting monitor configurations properly (refresh rates and resolution). I have experienced it on all Linux distros I have tried, and all BSDs as well. On Centos, there is a drop-down menu that allows you to select which monitor brand and model you use, but still, the refresh rates that are written are erroneous when you double-check.

Here's a solution that I'd you to comment on. What if I created an online MySQL database where there would be all brands and models of monitors with the Red Hat database (presets). Linux users would be able to access the DB online and correct whenever erroneous. These would be the values: H-Refresh, V-Refresh, native resolution, and # of colors.

Linux distros would include this DB into their system (as an XML file for instance). This way when you install Linux you don't have to set this up anymore, and you don't have to bother what the refresh rates of your monitor are. How does that sound?

Any comment is greatly appreciated
    Thanks,

Just Joined!
    Refresh rate and resolution can be easly changed manually bny looking at X config

Just Joined!
    This is exactly what I don't wanna do anymore

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close