Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have Nvidia GeForce 4 mx video card with S-video out. I was wondering if getting video overlay working with my television. Do i have to change the conf fille ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Video Overlay

I have Nvidia GeForce 4 mx video card with S-video out. I was wondering if getting video overlay working with my television. Do i have to change the conf fille for X86 or something i saw somehting like that ina semi related thread about xawtv. Please let me know if this is a possibility and if it is how i cna get ti to works.

PS
    Fedora Core 1 for my OS

Linux Guru
    I don't think that should be a problem for me. I also have an nVidia card, and the video overlay works fine for the TV output (admittedly I haven't tried v4l overlay, but XV overlays work fine in general). What exactly is the problem (ie. what happens)?

Just Joined!
    well there really isnt a problem. I just dont know how to get it to work. I know it doesnt work automatically because my tv only shows liek srambled green. I just wnat to knwo how to get it to work. Liek waht do i ahve to do or change or add etc....

Just Joined!
    ps i want it to work with mplayer or XINE so that i can watch my movie files on my tv. Or even DVD's. Is it possible to get that to work or do i need another program or player? Thank

Linux Guru
    I don't think there should be a problem. My video overlays work perfectly on the TV. I use MPlayer. Would you mind posting about how you configured your TV output?

Just Joined!
    That is the whole problem. I didnt configure my TV out. I dont know how to configure TV out. The only thing i did with my video card was pick GeForce 4 generic during install. I have no idea how to configure my TV out. If you could give me some steps, or point me to a guide that would be a great help

Linux Guru
    Ah, I thought that you already had TV output working.

The thing is, I don't think that the open-source drivers are capable of enabling the TV output (I'm not sure about this, though - correct me if I'm wrong, 'cause then I can stop using these proprietary drivers), so I think you'll have to download and use nVidia's proprietary Linux drivers. It comes with a README that thoroughly describes how to do that.

Just Joined!