Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm wondering if there's a way to restart the USB system. Something that works like /etc/init.d/network restart but for USB. For varying reasons, the whole system sometimes crashes rendering things ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

restart USB system

I'm wondering if there's a way to restart the USB system. Something that works like /etc/init.d/network restart but for USB.

For varying reasons, the whole system sometimes crashes rendering things like my mouse useless. Logging out will fix this problem so it seems that some system or driver is being reset during a log out. I'm just wondering what it is and if I can do it manually, so I don't have to log out.

Thanks
    HP Pavilion dv6000t
    Intel Centrino Duo 2.0GHz
    nVidia GeForce Go 7400
    Fedora 10

----------------------
    The real question is what time is it and why the hell am I still screwing around with my computer?

Just Joined!
    I have the same question too. Please let me know if you have figured this out yet. For some reason, all of my usb devices will randomly get REALLY slow. Then they stop working if I unplug and replug them. Only a reboot fixes it as far as I can tell. A usb system restart would be nice...