Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Printing form OpenOffice.org 1.1.0

Iím not sure if this is an application issue or a Printer issue so Iím sorry if Iíve posted it in the wrong category!

When I try to print anything from within OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 nothing comes out at all. No error message, nothing. If I print through other programs (Kword, Adobe Acrobat Reader etc.) it prints fine.

Iíve tried the print command (in OpenOffice.org 1.1.0 Printer Administrator) lpr, lpr ĖP samsung-ml-1210, kprinter but none of them have an effect. With kprinter the KDE print dialog comes up but when I click on print nothing prints.

It worked fine up till recently (I think until I upgraded to KDE 3.2)

Samsung ml-1210 on USB using CUPS + foomagic GDI print driver

Any ideas please?
    PS. I also think that firefox wonít print either but I havenít had time to test it again.
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Linux Engineer
    You should use lp-cups instead of lp (or it maybe lpr-cups, depending on how your printing system is setup.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

-->
    Thank you for the reply. After hours of configuring everything (Yast2, cups, KDE, OOo) in the end the solution was simple, but rather strange.

The OOo printer administrator only had 2 fonts installed (Nimbus Sans & Lucida) so I could only print if my document was formatted to these fonts. I had to install all of the other fonts on my system (Times New Roman, Arial, Courier, Serif etc.) and then I could format my document to whatever font I wanted and it would print fine.

As they say, ďsimple when you know howĒ
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

$spacer_open
$spacer_close