Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've had my eye on a couple of Brother models, especially the MFC-8860DN I use Ubuntu 6.06. I need a black and white laser printer that scans, copies and faxes. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Please recommend a multi-function laser printer

I've had my eye on a couple of Brother models, especially the MFC-8860DN

I use Ubuntu 6.06.
    I need a black and white laser printer that scans, copies and faxes.
    One other very important feature is a 'PC Fax' function where I can send or receive faxes through the computer via the printer. I especially need to have all of my faxes that are sent TO me to be automatically saved on the computer.

Anyone have experience with this printer, or know of another printer that would be easy to configure in Linux? (I'm quite new and wouldn't be able to spend hours and hours configuring a bunch of files, etc) I've checked some online lists but there don't seem to be many multi-function LASER printers listed...

Any help or advice is appreciated!

oz
    forum.guy
    Just taking a quick look at LinuxPrinting.org, it appears that those Brother multifunction printers listed work only "partially" with Linux at best. I've had great results with my Brother (laser only) printer, but I'm not so sure you'll have that kind of success with a multifunction printer. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    oz