Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

if you managed to get 2.6 working, you can ignore the scsi stuff, and just use the standard fstab entrys, ad 2.6 supports dritect burning to ide-cd, so you dont need the scsi stack unless your using usb HID devices

Linux Engineer
    /media???? ok then... if it works....

sr0 and scd0 are essentially the same thing, jsut difefrent names.

Yeh, /media/<drive> works! It's just odd how it appears that the same drive is in there twice, once as a SCSI device and once as an IDE device!!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    ok, so i managed to mount the cd-rw using /dev/scd0, but then, everytime i reboot, the /dev/cdrom symlink which i manually altered to point to /dev/scd0 keeps on going back the original /dev/hdc link. i don't know why it does this. is there something i'm missing?

so i went back to the original setup and maybe not forget to insert a blank CD, or whatever, into the drive.
    Registered User #345074

Linux Engineer
    does the append line in your bootloader specify hdc=ide-scsi

try adding this. im pretty sure its all i did.

ok it seems I have changed almost all references to my cd drives to /dev/scd0 and /dev/scd1 although scd0 and cdrom both point ot the same scsi device.

yep that's what i did second when hdc=scsi didn't seem to do anything. hdc=ide-scsi worked, i can mount it using /dev/scd0.

but i need to let /dev/cdrom point to /dev/scd0 as i can't do a desktop mount without it. the link that kde desktop makes for this has only options for /dev/cdrom from a dropdown menu. i can mount using a terminal but then that's another story.
    Registered User #345074