Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
if you managed to get 2.6 working, you can ignore the scsi stuff, and just use the standard fstab entrys, ad 2.6 supports dritect burning to ide-cd, so you dont ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

if you managed to get 2.6 working, you can ignore the scsi stuff, and just use the standard fstab entrys, ad 2.6 supports dritect burning to ide-cd, so you dont need the scsi stack unless your using usb HID devices

Linux Engineer
    /media???? ok then... if it works....

sr0 and scd0 are essentially the same thing, jsut difefrent names.

Yeh, /media/<drive> works! It's just odd how it appears that the same drive is in there twice, once as a SCSI device and once as an IDE device!!
    "I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings"
    Registered Linux user = #372327

Linux User
    ok, so i managed to mount the cd-rw using /dev/scd0, but then, everytime i reboot, the /dev/cdrom symlink which i manually altered to point to /dev/scd0 keeps on going back the original /dev/hdc link. i don't know why it does this. is there something i'm missing?

so i went back to the original setup and maybe not forget to insert a blank CD, or whatever, into the drive.
    Registered User #345074

Linux Engineer
    does the append line in your bootloader specify hdc=ide-scsi

try adding this. im pretty sure its all i did.

ok it seems I have changed almost all references to my cd drives to /dev/scd0 and /dev/scd1 although scd0 and cdrom both point ot the same scsi device.

Linux User
    yep that's what i did second when hdc=scsi didn't seem to do anything. hdc=ide-scsi worked, i can mount it using /dev/scd0.

but i need to let /dev/cdrom point to /dev/scd0 as i can't do a desktop mount without it. the link that kde desktop makes for this has only options for /dev/cdrom from a dropdown menu. i can mount using a terminal but then that's another story.
    Registered User #345074

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2