Find the answer to your Linux question:
Since upgrading to KDE3.2 my DVD drive won’t eject after placing a cd/DVD in the drive. After unmounting I right-click on the dvd icon --> Actions --> eject and get ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

dvd not ejecting

Since upgrading to KDE3.2 my DVD drive won’t eject after placing a cd/DVD in the drive. After unmounting I right-click on the dvd icon --> Actions --> eject and get an error message ' eject /dev/dvd failed' click ok and get a message 'cannot find kdeeject %v'
    If I open a terminal and type eject -r or eject /dev/dvd or eject /dev/cdrom I get an error message like (but not exactly) 'last error: invalid argument'.
    My dvd works. I can mount, view files and unmount it at /dev/dvd. I can also play dvds in xine fine. It just won't eject when I'm done.

The only way I can eject my dvd drive is to launch k3b (great program), right-click on the dvd icon and select eject. This works fine.

any ideas please? and what is kdeeject?

PS. the cd-rw works fine (/dev/cdrecorder)
    Ubuntu Jaunty :: Arch Linux (current) :: Acer Aspire 1692WMLi

Not sure about this, but it might be worth trying to mount/umount at the command line just to see if this works (I'm assuming you've used your GUI to do this before). It might just work. Mine is something like mount /media (complicated eh?) I have a simliar setup to yours and from time to time I have trouble ejecting, but not every time I mount my dvd.

Thats all I know about that
    I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. - Pablo Picasso

Linux User
    sometimes you had to be root to do that
    Signature removed by moderator - please see forum rules