Find the answer to your Linux question:
my friends problem.(He was installing linux i believe) He restarted pc and pressed f11 accidently, it told him to choose boot device and he selected his dvd drive, he restarted ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

big hard drive problem

my friends problem.(He was installing linux i believe) He restarted pc and pressed f11 accidently, it told him to choose boot device and he selected his dvd drive, he restarted and a black screen appears saying invalid boot device and select another boot drive or boot disk then press any key.
    he tries disks and taking devices out and replacing them but still the same screen.
    any ideas on how to format or get windows running?
    thanks all.

hi ajl5000 !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ajl5000
    my friends problem.(He was installing linux i believe)
    provide a little bit more information.........

BIOS settings are changed... when power on your machine... check for message
    " press <some key combination> to enter BIOS/setup" or something like that...
    try F1, F8, Ctrl + S or Esc to enter BIOS setup...
    change first boot device to harddisk...
    what about linux ??? installed or not ???
    format ..... you can use windows bootable floopy or cd to format drives... ( if you want to erase everything including linux )

<=== { casper } ===>
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    He cannot click as the keyboard isnt booted up with pc. The pc turns on and instantly goes to that blank screen, he has tried many different keys etc. Nothing. He has a Suse linux disc and windows xp but none boot up, he has tried disconeecting things etc, nothing. He is stumped really, thanks for the advice though.