Find the answer to your Linux question:
Im not sure where to post this i think this is best spot. My mother recently found a pc at her work its a compaq with 64 mb ram i ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Old pc whats best linux for it?

Im not sure where to post this i think this is best spot. My mother recently found a pc at her work its a compaq with 64 mb ram i think a 2gb hdd and im not sure proc because the pc is ruined (missing files for it to boot) now i originally was going to put a fresh 98 in it but then i had a wacky u could say idea to put a tv tuner card in it connect it to my tv and install some type of internet tv on it (if any of you know any good ones plz tell me free of course) now what my question is is what is the best linux for it i need some thing small installable of course kinda low reqs and that i dont need much for it just something that will allow me to surf web and watch internet tv and vids sorry for my horrid punctuation writing grammar and not using paragraphs if you gota problem with it keep it to yourself

Fc1

Quote Originally Posted by LinuXnewB105
    Im not sure where to post this i think this is best spot. My mother recently found a pc at her work its a compaq with 64 mb ram i think a 2gb hdd and im not sure proc because the pc is ruined (missing files for it to boot) now i originally was going to put a fresh 98 in it but then i had a wacky u could say idea to put a tv tuner card in it connect it to my tv and install some type of internet tv on it (if any of you know any good ones plz tell me free of course) now what my question is is what is the best linux for it i need some thing small installable of course kinda low reqs and that i dont need much for it just something that will allow me to surf web and watch internet tv and vids sorry for my horrid punctuation writing grammar and not using paragraphs if you gota problem with it keep it to yourself
    Perhaps Fedora Core 1 would do? I have serial doubts though that your PC isn't quite powerful enough to run all that tv/internet tv hw & sw. But, if you insist on doing that, FC1 is nice and quite light environment for older machines like yours.

hi LinuXnewB105 !!!

you should try Live CDs first... to know more about Live CDs check this link...
    http://www.frozentech.com/content/livecd.php

check out this site...
    www.distrowatch.com

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    http://distrowatch.com/table.php?dis...ion=videolinux
    What do you think of that and i might find i a 64 mb laying around

i already tried videolinux. it good.
    go for it......

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    None of my linux discs are bypassing it crap and yes ive checked the bios to see if it accepts bootdisks and it does.