Find the answer to your Linux question:
i recently convinced a friend to install linux on his old (and slow) box. I installed VectorLinux, being a lightweight distro, with a nicely modded XFCE. all i need to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Printing in XFCE4

i recently convinced a friend to install linux on his old (and slow) box. I installed VectorLinux, being a lightweight distro, with a nicely modded XFCE.
    all i need to do now is configure the printer (an epson multifunctional). xfce doesn't seem to have a very good printer control panel however.

so my question is as follows: since kde is one of the featured environments in this distro (even though its not being used at all) is it possible to use the kde control center (kcontrol) just to configure the printer? will apps such as openoffice or abiword be able to use it that way?
    All Empires rise and fall. The Microsoft Empire has already risen, only one way to go now...

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not sure if using the KDE Control Center will work or not, but you could try it. Otherwise, I'd set it up directly from within the CUPS interface by directing your web browser to:

localhost:631
    oz