Find the answer to your Linux question:
hey guys i just installed FC5 on my other pc and everything went fine cept that fact that now when i turn it on once it gets to the login ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Monitor not working with FC5

hey guys i just installed FC5 on my other pc and everything went fine cept that fact that now when i turn it on once it gets to the login screen the monitor goes blank and says out of range...i am using a KVM switch, and it appears that the mouse and keyboard are still connected, but the monitor just goes blank...any1 have any ideas??? ty in advance for any help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by syannant
    hey guys i just installed FC5 on my other pc and everything went fine cept that fact that now when i turn it on once it gets to the login screen the monitor goes blank and says out of range...i am using a KVM switch, and it appears that the mouse and keyboard are still connected, but the monitor just goes blank...any1 have any ideas??? ty in advance for any help!!!
    Are you sure that you use the correct HorizSync and VertRefresh parameters in your xorg.conf file? Check what your monitor can do and edit the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf appropriately.
    mazer

Just Joined!
    well im a novice linux user to say the least so how exactly would i do that?