I currently use Mandrake as my main Linux distro but I also kick around Red Hat 9. The problem I'm having is that my sound card (SoundMax 4XL) doesn't have support in Mandrake. I went to the Intel website and I found drivers for Linux but only for Red Hat, SUSE, and REDFLAG. I downloaded the driver for Red Hat 9 and that works fine for Red Hat but not under Mandrake. Mandrake 9.2 has support natively built into it for audio however there is a file missing from it I need to install JBuilder. It also has some issues when it comes to my nic card (It will hang when trying to initialize eth0 and after a minute or two literally it will set it on eth1). I tried doing an upgrade from 9.1 to 9.2 but the audio doesn't work unless it's a new install. It also deleted Konsole for whatever reason. It did fix the nic problem though. I copied the file I need for JBuilder and I'm going to wipe Linux again and try coping it to the folder it should be in but I don't think it will work. The Red Hat driver will find my sound card but when I run it under Mandrake it won't. Why would the driver work under Red Hat and not Mandrake? What would you suggest to rectify this situation?