Find the answer to your Linux question:
I just got a 64MB flash drive about a week ago. I had been using it through Windows, OS X and linux with no problems - but today it started ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Pen drive error

I just got a 64MB flash drive about a week ago.

I had been using it through Windows, OS X and linux with no problems - but today it started acting up. It doesn't show up in linux or mac (or gparted), and in windows I get the error "The disk is drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

The first weird thing is that it's shown as only 8MB. The second is that the format always fails.

I have tried using Active Kill Disk to delete everything on the drive but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Nothing is working! Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to get this thing working again.
    10" Sony Vaio SRX99P 850MHz P3-M 256MB RAM 20GB HD : ArchLinux
    14" Dell Inspiron 1420N 2GHz Core2Duo 2GB RAM 160GB HD : Xubuntu

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNeat View Post
    I just got a 64MB flash drive about a week ago.

I had been using it through Windows, OS X and linux with no problems - but today it started acting up. It doesn't show up in linux or mac (or gparted), and in windows I get the error "The disk is drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?"

The first weird thing is that it's shown as only 8MB. The second is that the format always fails.

I have tried using Active Kill Disk to delete everything on the drive but that doesn't seem to do anything.

Nothing is working! Anyone have any ideas? I'd like to get this thing working again.
    Hii...I also have the same problem,could you please let me know if you found the solution?

Unfortunately I never did so I replaced it. Was too bad... cuz it was a neat one!
    10" Sony Vaio SRX99P 850MHz P3-M 256MB RAM 20GB HD : ArchLinux
    14" Dell Inspiron 1420N 2GHz Core2Duo 2GB RAM 160GB HD : Xubuntu