Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi - I bought a Canon i560s printer for use with Win XP. I want to configure it for Linux Fedora Core1, but my configuration manager doesn't have a driver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Need linux driver for Canon i560s printer

Hi -

I bought a Canon i560s printer for use with Win XP.

I want to configure it for Linux Fedora Core1, but my configuration manager doesn't have a driver for it.

Does anyone know what driver I could use (& where I can get it)?

Thank you.

i have not been able to find any drivers for my printer which is a canon i860 so im guessing it will be hard to find any for the i560 but i think if you mess around with cups you mite beable to get it to work, i havent gotten time to mess with it but i will try it sometime
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Linux Engineer
    You can get a driver from turboprint.de. If you use the low res settings then it won't put it's logo over your ouptput. If you need high quality then you'll have to cough up.

The product is good through.
    Lansbury's Lido

thekiadriver on #linuxforums - fleetingly

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

canon i560

Hi I also have the canon i560 a good printer, but likewise I cannot get it to work with linux (suse) but I have Emailed canon uk and expressed my regrets that they cannot do more in the way of support for linux most forums give a poor mark for canon support and a better mark for companies like Epson I suggest you Email Canon (but nicely ) and express your concerns after all the more complaints they get the more likely they are to do something about it.

Just Joined!
    In another forum I was told to configure the Canon i560s as a Canon BJC-7000 and use gimp-print.

All I did was (in redhat-config-printer) choose the BJC-7000 and the printer works fine.

Good luck.

Pat

and that works great, huh? i mite have to try that out and see what i can do with trying that. thanks for the info
    BIG K aka Kyle
    Programming Forums
    www.kylekonline.com
    Please don\'t PM me for help-- ask in the forums instead!

Smile

Thank you,
    I found this old thread while searching for a way to print using a Canon i560. I'm using Fedora Core 5. I installed the printer on a USB cable using the driver for BJC-7000. The CUPS test page is very good. The right border line is missing but CUPS tests seem to always push an edge too far. I printed a color photo using The Gimp. The colors look good, but a little faint, saves ink. Maybe some settings could be adjusted.
    Thanks for keeping the printer alive in Linux.

Just Joined!
    Try this link ftp://download.canon.jp/pub/driver/bj/linux/

dl this bjfiltercups-2.2-1.i386.rpm
    and this bjfilterpixus560i-2.4-0.i386.rpm

I refer to this guides to install them because I'm french but you can translate them with altavista translator or something like that

http://wiki.alionet.org/doku.php?id=canon_i850&s=i560