Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm interesting in converting an older Tablet PC (Fujitsu Stylistic 3400) to a sweet Linux box, and I was wondering if anyone out there has suggestions for a good distro ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Cool Best Distro for Tablet PCs

I'm interesting in converting an older Tablet PC (Fujitsu Stylistic 3400) to a sweet Linux box, and I was wondering if anyone out there has suggestions for a good distro to do this with. A little web-searching revealed Lycros, but since they've been acquired by Mandriva in 2005 there haven't been any updates to it. I've also read some mixed reviews about trying SUSE and Xubuntu.

With all the specialized functions of a tablet, and the eclectic nature of the Linux community, I'm a little surprised that finding good info and distro's has turned out to be so hard. Anyone have any good sites or suggestions that I should try out? Also, if you know of any good handwriting recognition software for Linux, I'd appreciate the referral.

I know some people who have had tablets running Linux. I believe from experimentation that Ubuntu and SUSE both work well. Both people finalised on SUSE for the extra graphical tools in SUSE.

Just Joined!
    Thanks. Do you happen to know any of the special software their using to get the tablet features to work?

I believe X already supports touch screen technology. I'm not sure about gestures and the like unfortunately.