Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm just curious if it's possible to get the extra keys on a Mac keyboard to work. I mean the ones like help, clear, and f14 through 16 all actually ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Apple keyboard setup

I'm just curious if it's possible to get the extra keys on a Mac keyboard to work.

I mean the ones like help, clear, and f14 through 16 all actually are read as insert, num lock, prnt scrn, scroll lock, and pause... I'm just wondering if it's possible to use the f13, vol down, vol up, mute and eject keys for anything. So far experimenting with them has led to nothing, but I also assume readily (where this sort of thing is concerned) that I'm doing something wrong.

I'm not overly worried about what they do in console mode, just in X; especially in KDE since that's my preffered desktop.

hi !

execute these commands in terminal...
    Code:
    xmodmap -e 'keycode 174=XF86AudioLowerVolume'
    xmodmap -e 'keycode 176=XF86AudioRaiseVolume'
    xmodmap -e 'keycode 160=XF86AudioMute'
    bold values are keycodes of my Microsoft Standard Keyboard. i think these are same in all keyboards...if this works, save these commands in ~/.kde/env/keys.sh file.

in case, it doesn't work, execute this command in terminal
    Code:
    xev
    press special keys and note down there keycodes. assign functions using 'xmodmap' and save in keys.sh file.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Oh, cool. thanks.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close