Find the answer to your Linux question:
SUSE 10.1, hp scanjet 3570c by USB that just won't 'load.' My Hardware setup sees a device, but won't let me call it what it is (it is currently "not ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

USB hp scanjet 3500 series - no dice

SUSE 10.1, hp scanjet 3570c by USB that just won't 'load.' My Hardware setup sees a device, but won't let me call it what it is (it is currently "not configured"). When I try to Edit, I get a list that includes the exact model (running as a 3500 series scanner). When I "select" it, gets to "Activate the driver" and gives me an "Error: Failed to activate hp3500"

I ran /usr/sbin/lsusb, per the Configuration's instructions and sure enough, my scanner (exact model!) is listed!

So what's a newbie to do? I'm stuck with having to keep Windows on another partition just so I can scan - depressing

David

Just Joined!
    More information: I used a program called "USB Devices" that brings up all of my USB controllers. There is one EHCI and three OHCI controllers. My USB scanner is in the third OHCI controller . . .

So the little program identifies the scanner dead-on. So why is it visible in this program but not in my actual Hardware set-up?

David