Find the answer to your Linux question:
whenever i start rh9,mouse and keyboard are freezed, it shows the pointer, but of no use, i cannot use it... i cannot type the username, since the keyboard is also ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

keyboard and mouse are freezed

whenever i start rh9,mouse and keyboard are freezed, it shows the pointer, but of no use, i cannot use it... i cannot type the username, since the keyboard is also idle. i just installed rh9 5days ago.
    the mouse and keyboard worked when i installed rh9, i hav serial mouse, rh9 took the mouse as generic 2button mouse, since the name of my mouse was not included in the list(a4tech wheelworks mouse).
    i reconfigured the mouse from 2 button generic mouse t0o wheel mouse and it was freezed. so i rebooted only to know that now my keyboard was also not working.
    after inserting the bootdisk floppy when i ran linux rescue it went smoothly but again no mouse and keyboard, but the thing i noticed while booting was that linux initializes the mouse and keyboard as USB
    "Initializing USB Mouse [OK]"
    "Initializing USB Keyboard [OK]"

Linux Guru
    Re-installing redhat is proberly the easiest way to solve the issue.

Just Joined!

thanks....

hey, i got rid of the mous and keyboard prob in rh9, i entered as single user then replaced the XF86Config file with XF86Config.backup and thats it linux took my mouse and keyboard. thanks to all the ppl helping on the net.