Find the answer to your Linux question:
I've converted completly over to Fedora on my laptop - sick of XP and it's slowness. I'm going through and getting applications working that I used in windows and having ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Looking for a Photo Printer that works perfectly with Linux (Fedora Core 6 or Core 3

I've converted completly over to Fedora on my laptop - sick of XP and it's slowness. I'm going through and getting applications working that I used in windows and having some luck, yet not having much luck in others. So, I'm in the process of trying to find a very nice Photo Printer that will work perfectly with Linux.

Of my current setup, I've got Fedora Core 6 on my laptop. Another computer with Fedora Core 3 (I think...) running my web server and an XP machine with the Canon i960 connected to it. My wife has her business laptop with XP on it...

I've browsed many site (including linuxprinting.org) to see what people have used - looking for sites that have reviews of the printers and how they work...

I can for now, just move pictures to the XP machine and printer from there, but kind of a pain in the neck.

Thanks, Michael

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    I suggest you look for an HP printer since they are well supported in Linux. HP provides various packages with drivers for most of its printers, scanners and multifunction devices.

Just Joined!

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by schu777
    I've converted completly over to Fedora on my laptop - sick of XP and it's slowness. I'm going through and getting applications working that I used in windows and having some luck, yet not having much luck in others. So, I'm in the process of trying to find a very nice Photo Printer that will work perfectly with Linux.

Of my current setup, I've got Fedora Core 6 on my laptop. Another computer with Fedora Core 3 (I think...) running my web server and an XP machine with the Canon i960 connected to it. My wife has her business laptop with XP on it...

I've browsed many site (including linuxprinting.org) to see what people have used - looking for sites that have reviews of the printers and how they work...

I can for now, just move pictures to the XP machine and printer from there, but kind of a pain in the neck.

Thanks, Michael

Hi,
    I have F6 on my desk top and some goo in my keyboard (Makes it tough to type) But, I set up a HP F380 DeskJet which prints photos GREAT plus it's a very inexpensive printer as well. We got ours at Target for around $50 give or take a few bucks either way. The F380 is an all in 1, printer/scanner/copier no fax..The F300 driver worked fine the very first time I set it up, but since then I've had problems running the setup after I had to do a reinstall of F6. I'm sure it's something I'm doing wrong, but the printer works great once you get it set up properly. HP does support Linux in a lot of ways as the previous poster said.

Happy printing,
    mram