Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi Im trying to install fedora core on a old pentium III based workstation(fiori e 810). It doesnt boot from the cd (tried many different ones) and I know the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

BIOs is disabled - not able to get in BIOS

Hi

Im trying to install fedora core on a old pentium III based workstation(fiori e 810). It doesnt boot from the cd (tried many different ones) and I know the cd drive works (SCSI cd drive).

It starts booting and tells me "press tab to enter set up", i press tab (tried del and f2 too) and then tells me press F1 or F11 then it takes me to a screen where it says BIOS is disabled and reboot itself!!!

I have tryied many things, different hdd, leave teh system to the minimun conf, next Im gonna try a ide cd drive but I still dont understand why i cannot acces in BIOS.

I have an SCSI controller and an IDE controller, drives are IDE not SCSI, cd drive is SCSI.

Can the BIOS be disabled??!!! how will a system boot if so???!!! Could it be anything to do with the scsi drive or the scsi card???? First time in my life ive seen sth like that...

you might try reseting the bios. Most computers have some sort of thing on the motherboard
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

on most motherboards there is a jp14 that is used to reset the bios.
    See if that helps

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    Hi, thanx for your suggestions

I have actually tried the jumper, you mean the jumper by the battery, dont you? Yes, I tried that, forgot to post that one. It didnt help.

Now, after reseaching I'm starting thinking that the BIOS got corrupted and I should actually do a kind of recovery I guess. Could it be that? How can I do it if I cannot find any info of the board on the net? Any tools available? or does that depend on the board and the chipset?

i might need to reseach more for sure, there should be sth on the net about that workstation!!!!

if someone tried to reset with pc running that could corupt the BIOS

If the BIOs was corrupted I don't think it'd be polite enough to give you a BIOs is disabled warning. Would the BIOs reset itself if you drained it of power? Took the battery off the MOBO or would that just render it nothing more than a dusty paperweight?
    Graham - You'd better Use Linux!

I'm registerd Linux user #397030. What about you?