Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey all, I am a total Linux newb and need some help! I recently started a projecto to make myself a media computer / Digital Video Recorder. I got the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GATOS TV-Out on Radeon 7000

Hey all,

I am a total Linux newb and need some help!

I recently started a projecto to make myself a media computer / Digital Video Recorder. I got the parts to build an Athlon 1700 system which I have installed Fedora Core 6 on. I am using an ATI Radeon 7000 for my video card with VGA, S-Vid and Composite out. I intend to run Mplayer and MythTV once I iron out all the bugs.

I was able to get my system up and running with no problems using a montior on my card. In order to get the S-Vid and Composite out working, I installed GATOS. My problem is that my S-Vid and Composit out stop working once X-windows loads. The bios and startup information displays just fine on my TV, but once X-windows boots I suddenly get nothing but messed up pixels. I think it has something to do with the refresh, but I really don't know for sure.

I'm hoping that since the Vid out works for everything except X-windows, this is just a settings problem that I can fix through scripting. Like I said, I am a total Linux newb (though I do have a couple friends I have been getting help from) so I am still struggling with this sort of thing.

Any help or advice you guys could offer me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Just Joined!
    I just installed an nvidea GeForce MX4000 video card in the computer and I get the same dang problem. The S-Video out works for boot, but stops working when I enter X-windows.

I am going to do some digging for GeForce setup instructions for Linux, but PLEASE, PLEASE let me know if anyone on here might know anything that could help me.

Thanks.