Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I've installed Suse 10.2, now i've got Windows + Suse, and grub as a boot loader (i think). But now I can't boot on a CD, grub launched imediately ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Unhappy I can't boot on a CD after grub installation

Hello,
    I've installed Suse 10.2, now i've got Windows + Suse, and grub as a boot loader (i think). But now I can't boot on a CD, grub launched imediately after powering on my computer. I've correctly set the boot sequence on the bios. I've tried with several bootable CD but CDs haven't time to be load, grub launch too quickly.
    I've got a Toshiba Laptop.
    Do I have to uninstall grub ?
    Thanks !

thats weird. GRUB never take over BIOS. insert SuSe Installation CD/DVD and boot up. does it boot up from CD or display GRUB menu?

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    I tried with the Suse installation CD i just used yesterday for the installation, so it's a bootable CD which works. I've set the sequence CD-ROM -> HDD in the bios.
    Result : it display the grub menu.
    When I power on my pc, the CD is loaded and turned at his maximum after the grub menu appears. So I imagined the bios don't have the time to load the CD... strange...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    OK, I've found the problem.
    I used the hibernation of Windows XP (I mean, saving all the memory datas on the hard drive). In conclusion when we do that, Windows modifies the boot sequence, but the bios logo and almost grub is always loading after a Windows XP hibernation.
    Strange strange...