Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am overclocking my processor and ram right now. I`d like to know if there is any testing tool (for system stability) in Linux such super pi and p95 in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

overclocking

I am overclocking my processor and ram right now. I`d like to know if there is any testing tool (for system stability) in Linux such super pi and p95 in windows.

Thanks in advance,
    jan

Quote Originally Posted by jan1024188
    I am overclocking my processor and ram right now.
    If I may share my not at all humble opinion, overclocking is a pointless and potentially dangerous activity that will result in very little performance gain and could very well destroy your equipment. I say this from personal experience. Unless you're absolutely sure what you're doing I would not recommend even attempting it, and even then it's not going to be worth the effort.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

huh...thanks for advice, but I also have experience. I destroyed one cpu alredy so I know where is the edge.
    I know what am I doing.
    I overclocked AMD sempron 2500+ from 1750mhz to 2100mhz. Vcore is 1.80V. This is the edge(motherboad doesnt want to incrase voltage and If I incrase fsb to 210*10.5 system wouldnt be stable). I have more problems with RAM because my motherboard doesnt support incarsing fsb of RAM.
    2. I dont care about equpment because in may I am going to buy new computer for $2000.

Affcourse I agree with you about overclocking. You dont incrase much preformance with doing that (you just spend more power...lol)

Just Joined!
    Are you guys being sarcastic?

Quote Originally Posted by Tips View Post
    Are you guys being sarcastic?
    I've locked this thread because it's over a year old and you're not likely to get any more conversation out of it. I can't speak for everyone, but I was most certainly not being sarcastic.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants