Find the answer to your Linux question:
can anyone help me to get my sony dcr trv 250e digital camcorder working on linux? i want to dis m$ windows and switch permenately (hope i spelt it right ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

camera trouble

can anyone help me to get my sony dcr trv 250e digital camcorder working on linux?
    i want to dis m$ windows and switch permenately (hope i spelt it right ) to linux but this is one of the devices i am having trouble getting to work (sony only had drivers for microslop windoze eXtreme Problems, Many Errors and 2000 annoyancies )
    i also need a program to record from the camera, anyhelp would be appericated TIA.
    Cry out for freedom! Cry out for Linux!

well if it plugs in with usb jhen it woupd be treated as a usb mass storage device like a usb thumb drive... ane to do this you need hotplugging support and scsi disk support and usb mass storage support in the kernel
    ~Mike ~~~ Forum Rules
    Testing? What's that? If it compiles, it is good, if it boots up, it is perfect. ~ Linus Torvalds
    http://loft306.org

As much as i love linux, i have to say that so far i have choosen to stick with windoze for video editing (primarily b/c my old verison of avid is no good on a mac running 10.3, and im cheap and dont wanna pay the $1500 for an upgrade). I guess my question is are you looking to edit this video or simply capture? and are you connecting via firewire or usb?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer

Just Joined!

Hmmm

This isn't a perfect solution to your problem but this is the line in my friends' fstab for his digital camera:

Code:
    /sda1 /mnt/camera/ auto noauto,user,umask=000 0 0
    As for programs, just have a look at Tucows.com. I can't recommend any because I don't need that sort of software, but I'm sure you'll find something you want.

I hope this helps in some way.