Find the answer to your Linux question:
Anybody know of any issues I might have with this notebook? I can't see anything except maybe the wireless card, but I'm not much of a hardware person. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834146194...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lenovo 3000 N

Anybody know of any issues I might have with this notebook? I can't see anything except maybe the wireless card, but I'm not much of a hardware person.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834146194
    Two levels higher than a newb.
    (I can search google)

It looks like the perfect Linux machine to me. IBM has an history of being very much "Linux friendly", and Lenovo seems to follow in their footsteps.

Just a question though : why not buy it from Lenovo directly ? Whenever you get the chance, buying directly from the manufacturer is a nice idea. Plus, they sell the same laptop for about 10% less.

Just make sure you buy the model with the IPW3945 wireless card.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

I probably will go to Lenovo directly. But I thought that link would be better because newegg always posts the specs nicely.

Thanks for the advice. I e-mailed Lenovo asking them about it last week and they never got back to me. You're a much better source.
    Two levels higher than a newb.
    (I can search google)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close