Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all , I was wondering what I should use for a pc to experment with diff distro?? current ones, unbuntu,love it PCLinuxOS,Just started with bout a week ago SAM ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

what should i use for a test pc

Hi all ,
    I was wondering what I should use for a pc to experment with diff distro??
    current ones,

unbuntu,love it
    PCLinuxOS,Just started with bout a week ago
    SAM installing as i type on machine #3

#1 p3 cele 1.1 ghz //512 pc100//tnt2 pro 4x agp(on a OLD epox mb)

#2 p3 933 mhz// 256 pc133// intel on board 810 grafix (((no agp)))(old hp mb)

#3 amd sempy 3300+//1 gig pc3200// only grafix is a GULP...ati 9550 agp...Just loaded Ick Vista on this one ....
    I think I could use this one as i have a xtra hd BUT the ati card worries me and board has no on board grafix and I got the crapolia ati card looong b4 I started to play with linux ,which has been only like 2 month's now

i also have a hi end pc/ (amd x2 4200+ 2 gigs ddr400// 7600 gs pci-e)\ w/ a sweet running ubnutu 6.10 edgy on it(dont wana mess with this one)beryl rocks

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, mrreality13

I think any of them should work fine, but it might be fun to try Linux on all of them since dual-booting is a simple option. I'm thinking you'll get more in depth experience by using all of them.

Whatever you decide, have fun with Linux!

oz
    oz

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    Welcome to the forums, mrreality13

I think any of them should work fine, but it might be fun to try Linux on all of them since dual-booting is a simple option. I'm thinking you'll get more in depth experience by using all of them.

Whatever you decide, have fun with Linux!

oz
    I am having fun,, but the ati crapp is driving mre nutzz--lol
    any ideas on an easy way for an ati 9550 driverI dont need the tv out to work but would like good 3d to run.
    The vista hd is going into a small dark place for a while.......So i can use the sempy box to play with too

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close