Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone I have a problem with red hat. When I load the installation disk every goes fine until I reach the partition side of the installation it displays an ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    aji
    Just Joined!

No partition table?

Hi everyone I have a problem with red hat. When I load the installation disk every goes fine until I reach the partition side of the installation it displays an eror message saying my hard drive has no partition table what can I do to fix this? please help me!
    Last edited by aji; 02-26-2007 at 06:31 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

hi aji,

Welcome to the LinuxForums.

is there anyother OS already installed in your harddisk? 'no partition table' is a strange error. never heard before. is it exact error message?
    post you machine specs too.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

aji
    Just Joined!

Unhappy Help me!!

Yeah I have no other os installed on it. But the display message it gives me is the following: "no valid devices were found to create new file systems chek hardware for cause of this problem." there was another at the end of that one I really don't remember what it was something about input/output error. I should have wrote that one down to but I forgot it. As for my PC specs they are 650mgz intel celleron processor, one IBM 40gig drive, and 384mb of ram. If there is any other information I will be happy to give to you. please keep me posted. THANKS.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Red Hat installer is not recongnizing your Hardware. RedHat is too old. i would suggest you to try latest version of Fedora.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First