Find the answer to your Linux question:
Has anyone had any luck with any touch screens in Linux, and if so which one and what distro? I bought a touch screen monitor that I've been unable to ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Do you have a touch screen monitor

Has anyone had any luck with any touch screens in Linux, and if so which one and what distro?

I bought a touch screen monitor that I've been unable to get to work and I've tried 5 difference Distros. It works great in Windows XP. But with Linux the cursor goes in the wrong direction.
    http://www.mini-box.com/8-Desktop-TF...8&category=101

Anyway, I need a small touchscreen for a project I've been working on. One that works with preferably Mandriva, but any Linux distro will work for now.

If you have a touch screen that is working under Linux, please let me know which one it is and maybe a link to a site would be good.

And If anyone can give me any help with the one I have, I'm still working on that.

Thanks

If it works with any it should work with all as it will be X that runs it. I would suspect there is a flag you can add to the xorg.conf file to flip the direction of movement.

Have a look at the swapX and swapY flags here

Two levels higher than a newb.
    (I can search google)

I know the card game/trivia machine at the bar near my house uses a touch screen and it is run off of linux (I saw it randomly reboot once and noticed it booted into a linux kernel ) but I have no idea how they installed it.

But it's deffinately possible!!!!